Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Now that the storm has cleared






Just in case you were unaware, we had a terrible unexpected storm on Thursday. Little Man Jake & I had the day off and were looking forward to our playdate with our little Jay and his mommy. However, Mother Nature had other plans! It had rained all night the night before and was very overcast on Thursday, so we had an emergency change of plans. We moms are so clever that way! Off we headed for Family Fun Center, a toddler's indoor playground.


After Jake & I left, the sky was pitch black and it was drizzling. I had an appointment later that day and had two hours to spare. I figured we better hurry up and go somewhere before the skies opened up and we'd be stuck in rain. After being inspired by My Sweet Savannah's Goodwill Hunting, I decided to head up the street to Goodwill for some shabby chic treats. As we parked, the rain came down a little harder so we ran across the parking lot. The second I reached the door, I hear someone say, "Lisa, what are you doing here?" to turn to see my friends. I had just started telling her about the blog I read when all hell broke loose. It started raining with such a force that reminded of a hurricane. The wind was so strong, we ran inside (in front of huge floor to ceiling windows) watching the winds blow the doors open and lights flicker. I knew something was wrong when I watched a huge canvas cart (which are parked in back of the store to transport donated goods) blow across the parking lot like tumbleweed! Just minutes later, the rain stopped and my friend took off to pick her kids up. Seconds later, I received a text from my BFF at CNN in Atlanta warning me of a tornado in Mulberry! I was blocks away from Mulberry! Driving home, I realized how lucky me and my friend were that day!



Made it home safe!


Thank goodness, the weekend was smooth and uneventful. Spent the day Friday at work, had dinner at Red Elephant Grill, watched the Blue Angels flying above us then went to the park and met Uncle Mike.

Saturday, I just ran tons of errands! Went to stores, did not find anything, yuck! Ran into one of my cooking club members who I hadn't seen in awhile, stopped at the scrapbook store to cash in my gift certificate from Christmas, yikes, went to Joann Superstore for birthday decor, no luck. BUT, was in the store and felt water on my foot! Looked up, looked down?? Looked at Little Man Jake, who proceeded to pee out of a full diaper! That's why I brought his diaper bag in the store! As a first time mom, I learned two things that day,  1. If you know your child's diaper is ready to be changed, change it when you walk in the store!
2. Driving a long distance is not the time to give 3 sippy cups of water!

Met Roberto at our house and listened to the Blue Angels fly so low, the windows were rattling. So peaceful! At least, it is for one week out of the year.


Sunday was a Jake day! He spent the day with Thomas the Train! He and his little friend, Colton had the time of their lives riding on Thomas.

Today was an easy day. Out of work early enough to run a couple errands and pick up the Little Man by 2pm. Later, we met some friends at Carrabas for our friend Pat's birthday, Happy Birthday, Pat! We love you! Of course, my guy was a total gentleman the whole meal, well, maybe not the whole meal ;) !

Sweet Dreams
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment