Sunday, April 10, 2011

Baby Steps


Make it short! Spent the day at the beach with my two men. Amazing day! I loved sitting back relaxing and watching my son play in the water. My son! Still after almost two years, it does not even seem real. Sometimes, I just watch in admiration while he plays with a smile on my face. I watch him run past me, like watching a cute child at the mall, then he yells, "Mama!" and reality slaps me in the face! He is MINE! Whatever did I do to deserve such a precious child. I feel it was my Aunt Patti and my Nannie in heaven, who sent him to me since they both know what difficulties we had. Of course, I am forever grateful to his birth mother who chose us out of so many wonderful couples. I love my Jake!


Curried Chicken Salad

Okay, no more sappiness, I promise. Back to the beach! We went to Fort De Soto and had a great picinic. I made Curried Chicken Salad and brought hummus, potato salad, and fruit salad. Did not care for the Curried Chicken Salad at all. Does not help that I am not a fan of curry, LOL. Jake chowed on some pretzels, bananas, yogurt, and most the fruit salad (loves fruit).

For dinner, I made Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole. Yummy! Even Jake liked this! I did change a few things mainly the method of cooking.
Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole
 After putting the little man to bed, I had to get on the treadmill. It is time to make some major lifestyle changes. Because of my plantar fasciitis, I was only able to walk 1.5 miles today but baby steps...

DEAL OF THE WEEK




$25 with 40% off! Love it! Bought at Ella G Designs (The sign)


Good nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment