Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Getting there...


Today was a fairly low-key day. A relatively smooth day at work which ended early. Yay! Stopped in an incredible store, new to Lakeland called Deal$, basically an oversized Dollar Store. My girlfriend in Palm Beach had told she bought her gumball machine party favors at one by her. Apparently, we now have one in Lakeland. Found some great easter basket fillers and little coloring books for only $1. Not an everyday store but great for little presents and prizes for little ones. Not only did I find this, I also discovered a Hobby Lobby is being built here. Never been but according to my fellow bloggers it is better than Michaels and Joann's.

Took care of major hair issues, looks fabulous! Tons of curls! See what a good cut will do. While having my hair done, my stylist was talking about a cupcake store and her love of cupcakes. I had to laugh since my reading material was a cupcake magazine which I whipped out for her. She then informed me of a cake decorating class in Lakeland. She told me she'd give me the info if I promised not to go and show off my mad cake decorating skills, I promised her I was clueless in that department! Ironic, isn't it! I can cook and bake about anything but no decorating. So, of course, I signed up when I got home. :)

Made a delicious dinner tonight. My mouth is still watering thinking about it! It was Baked Shrimp Scampi from Ina Garten Barefoot Contessa, who is my absolute fave. Just some pics of the process and results.

Fresh rosemary from my garden.





Good nite, all
Lisa
That is a casserole warmer we got at a White Elephant during a Christmas party, 10 years ago
It automatically went to our cat Oscar who loved it. Oscar has been gone for 8 years but we still leave
it out for Lola never thinking Tobey would try to plop his fat butt in it! This is latest fave spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment