Saturday, June 25, 2011

What a circus of a party!

Well, I have been busy the last few weeks. Busy with all sorts of things, mainly planning Jake's 2nd birthday party. And of course, for those who know me, I don't skimp on parties. So here are some pics from the Big Event! There are a lot of pics so be patient!
























It was a huge success. Although it was blazing, everyone had a blast! As usual, I was still prepping when everyone starting arriving. So many things did not even get a chance to be put out! No one noticed!


We are now finally preparing to move into the Lakeland house. We have a couple more contractors coming on Monday with some bids and hopefully, on Tuesday, we will schedule a start date. I was dragging my feet forever but two weeks ago, we received a call from the preschool which we had been on a waiting list (forever). They now had an opening! Since this is right near the other house, I am more motivated then ever.

Hate to end things on a sad note but I have to. Late Thursday night, I loss a childhood friend. We were more recently friends on Facebook. I followed her life on FB, reading about her recent anniversary as she posted her wedding picture (as she does every year), reading about her upcoming vacation which was last week, then following how she was having difficulty breathing and had to see the doctor,  being admitted to the hospital where lost her life due to a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung). She was only 39 years old and the mother of two young children. The morning she died, she was still posting on FB, updating everyone. Reminds how precious life is and how quickly it can slip away. So, please, cherish every moment you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment